Website & My Account Usage Conditions
- Webite Usage Conditions
- Hotel Ratings
- Company Information
- My Account Usage Conditions
- Forum rules
This website www.girlsontravel.co.uk is operated by Travel Wanderers LTD, trading as Girls on Travel. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this Site. You must consent to these terms and conditions without qualification if you use this Site, and if you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions then you may not use this Site in any way.
Who can use this website
No warranties and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the compliance of the information shown on this Site or the services we offer with any laws of any other country, and the laws of other countries will not apply to this Site or to the services we offer.
We reserve the right to deny access to this Site at any time without notice.
This website is for use by members of the public only to make travel bookings. We do not accept bookings made by travel agents or other agents acting on behalf of members of the public. Any bookings made in contravention of this rule will be cancelled.
Access to this Site is conditional on your agreement that all information contained in it and all matters that arise between you and us will be governed by English Law. It is also conditional on your agreement that any dispute that arises between you and us will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Site User Obligations:
By using this Site you agree that:-
- 1. you accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account;
- 2. you must be 18 years of age or over and have legal capacity;
- 3. you warrant that all information you provide about yourself and about anyone else shall be true and accurate;
- 4. this Site must not be used for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings;
- 5. the transmission of threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political or racist material, or any material that is otherwise unlawful or offensive via this Site is expressly prohibited;
- 6. this Site and any of its content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed or reproduced in any way by you except that one copy of the information contained within the Site may be made by you for personal, non-commercial use.
All bookings made on this Site are subject to the relevant supplier's/tour operator's booking conditions in addition to these Site conditions. We recommend that you print a copy of the applicable booking conditions when making a booking. Booking conditions contain limitations and exclusions of liability, and cancellation and amendment charges are payable if a booking is cancelled or amended after it has been confirmed.
Site Content and Information
Travel Wanderers may change any aspect of this Site or its content, including the availability of any suppliers, features, information, or other content, at any time without notice to Users. Continued use of the Site following any changes to the Website Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of such changes. The information and prices on this Site are not 'live' and are updated from time to time. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of all information and prices but, regrettably, errors do occasionally occur. Where a price is obviously incorrect due to a system error, we shall not be bound by such price.
This Site is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not accept any liability in respect of your inability to access or use this Site at any time or for any interruption in that access or use, or for any failure to complete any transaction. We do not warrant that this Site is free from computer viruses or other properties that may cause loss or damage.
The rating shown is the tour operator's own rating or the rating provided to us by our 3rd party suppliers. It’s intended as a guide for comparison purposes and an attempt to give a guide to the overall quality of properties. These ratings are usually based on the views taken from customer feedback and of senior managers in both the UK and overseas. Where applicable, official ratings are given by the authorities in the country, and do tend to give a fair impression of relative standards within that country. However, different countries have different standards; so don't assume that a 3-star hotel in one country is equivalent to a 3-star hotel in another.
Copyright and Trade Marks
The copyright in the content of this Site belongs to us or to the licensors of such content. We reserve the copyright and all proprietary rights in this Site and all its content. The name 'Girls on Travel' and any other marks, logos and graphics of Girls on Travel displayed on this Site are registered trademarks of Travel Wanderers LTD or its affiliates. Other company and product/service names displayed on this Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are not granted any right or license to use any trade marks.
Security and Credit Card Fraud Contingency
We have implemented a bank approved encryption system to protect your transactions with us. Any personal details entered including credit card payments will automatically be encrypted using VeriSign Secure Socket Layer (SSL). You will see a padlock symbol at the bottom of your screen to confirm this so you can make your purchase online with complete confidence.
Please make sure that you have supplied us with the correct credit card billing information. If you do not supply the correct credit or debit card billing address and/or cardholder information, the issue of your tickets may be delayed and the overall cost may increase. We do reserve the right to cancel tickets after issue if payment is declined or if you have supplied incorrect credit card information. In addition, we also reserve the right to do random checks (including the electoral roll) in order to minimise credit card fraud. As a result of this, before issuing tickets we may require you to provide us with a fax or postal copy of proof of address, as well as a copy of your credit card and a recent statement.
You are protected under the travel laws and have consumer rights shall Travel Wanderer or any of its suppliers go bankrupt.
My Account Usage Conditions
- 1)You will be requested to create an online account if you wish to proceed with the booking,simply by providing an email address and password.
- 2)Accounts registered from most locations on site must be activated via email, before you can log in.
- 3)Your account, once created and activated, can be used on girlsontravel.co.uk
- 4)You are responsible for all activity on your account, and for keeping your password safe and secure
You can delete your online account at any time by logging in, and selecting ‘delete account’ in the ‘Account Details’ section.
Deleting your online account will not affect any bookings you’ve made.
You’ll be able to create another account with the same email address if you wish, but any previous bookings will not carry over to the new account.
Girls on Travel is a social purpose. Therefore the creation of the account is to help connect with other like-minded solo travelers and to be able to share with the community via the forum. Girls on Travel will not share personal data with external third parties. The account creation is a must to be able to proceed further in booking the trip and personal information will be used for the sole purpose of booking the trip.
We respect your privacy. We will not disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your consent, except if needed for holidays booking purposes (to issue VISA for example).
If agreed during the account creation, marketing purposes can also be sent such as but not limited to e-mailing, contests or promotions.
Location Information: We may collect information about your use of the Services for advertising, analytics, to serve content and to protect the Services, including your IP address, browser information (including referrers), device information (such as iOS IDFA, IDFV for limited non-advertising purposes, Android AAID, and, when enabled by you, location information provided by your device). We may use and store information about your location to provide features and to improve and customise the Services, for example, for Travel Wanderers internal analytics and performance monitoring; localisation, regional requirements, and policies for the Services; for local content, search results, and recommendations; for mapping services; and (using non-precise location information) marketing.
Safety: People need to feel safe in order to build community. We are committed to removing content that encourages real-world harm, including (but not limited to) physical, financial, and emotional injury.
Voice: Our mission is all about embracing diverse views. We err on the side of allowing content, even when some find it objectionable, unless removing that content can prevent a specific harm. Everyone plays a part in keeping the platform safe and respectful. We ask people to share responsibly and to let us know when they see something that may violate our Community Standards. The consequences for violating our Community Standards is a deletion of account.
- 1)It is forbidden to share personal data other than the ones mentioned on your profile.
- 2)Insults are not tolerated.
- 3)Racism is not tolerated.
- 4)Threats are not tolerated.
- 5)Bullying and harassment is not tolerated.
- 6)Privacy violation and image violation is not permitted.
- 2.A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 3.Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- 4.Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- 5.We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- 6.The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- 7.Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- (a)in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- (b)in Firefox (version 36) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- (c)in Chrome (version 41), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
- 8.Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- 9.If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- 10.You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- (a)in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- (b)in Firefox (version 36), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- (c)in Chrome (version 41), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
- 11.Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of manywebsites